Friday, January 18, 2013

Show Me the Father


Hello All! 

First and foremost I want to thank everyone who has been reading my blog! I received such wonderful feedback and I am truly humbled. =) I think I'm going to make new posts once a week (or whenever I feel led).

So this whole week I kept thinking about what should my next blog post be about?! Now that I know people are actually reading, I have to make sure it's good lol So I jumped from thought to thought and I finally realized, it's not about me...the title of this blog is Make Me Invisible, so after racking my brain and nothing seeming quite right, I waited and finally got my inspiration from the Lord in my reading of John 14 this morning.
John 14: 8-Phillip said, "Lord, show us the the Father, and we will be satisfied." 
 This passage starts off with Phillip, one of the disciples of Jesus, asking Jesus to show them the Father. If Jesus just show's them God, they will be satisfied.  Let's stop there...In a conversation I had with a good friend of mine last week, we discussed how many people around us are hurting and are looking for God, whether they know it or not. Phillip is an excellent example of a lot of people we all come in contact with... people who look and play the part but truly just want God. And Jesus responds...

9-Jesus replied, "Have I been with you all this time, Phillip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? 10-Don't you know that I am the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me." 

When I read the first line of verse 9 I was hit and convicted like nothing else! Jesus said, I've been with you all this whole time and you still don't know who I am? (Now, I love this Jesus, when he challenges us and convicts us, when you get to this point with God, you KNOW you have a relationship with him, maybe I'll write a blog post on that next week lol) But this line made me think WOW-how many people have I been around my whole life and they have no idea who I am? Who I am personally and more importantly who I am in Christ...

For years I never let anybody in. I was not going to be hurt by anybody, friend or foe, boy or girl. So I put up walls that only let me shallow exterior show. When I came to Howard, I realized it all had to change. My freshman year I felt so lonely, and God revealed to me that I needed to face who I really am and let people know me on that level in order to have truly fulfilling relationships. I didn't really know where to start with that though...so it wasn't until that next school year in Living Stones where I really because my journey to transparency. All of my friends know that I don't talk about my issues...my boyfriend used to get mad at me for staying so closed up when something was wrong...but I worked hard to change all of that...and through that I learned that there's freedom in your testimony, freedom for yourself and freedom for others.

So what, or who, do people see when they look at you???

Now, I don't want to make this blog post too long so I'm going to let all you all to read the rest of this passage and meditate on it yourself...

11- Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do. 12-"I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. 13-You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. 14-Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it! (New Living Translation)

I will just call attention to verses 13-14. Jesus promises us that anything that we ask in his name is ours...now that's one promise we should all hold him accountable for! I mean, how often does anyone just tell us whatever we want is ours, asking for nothing in return??? That's real love! (for anyone who's searching ;) And I love how in verse 14 he says, YES, as if he already knew we would be skeptical, because it seems too good to be true, right? But, my friends, THAT is GREAT GRACE...and there's more where that came from!

Love you all! Be blessed!

Suggested Readings (new section, because I'm doing more reading lol): Pink Lips & Empty Hearts by Heather Lindsey...great book and testimony by a great lady! If you haven't heard of her, look her up!! lol



3 comments:

  1. PHENOMENAL GRACE! My life changed changed when I gained the confidence to claim what the Lord said was mine upon request. Just as we all should hold Him accountable, He demands accountability from us. In His expectations, I find more of His "real love!"

    Great blog submission! I'll be sure to stay tuned

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this Latrece! It made me think... keep it up! Love you boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your kind comments!! I really appreciate the feedback =)

    ReplyDelete