Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hey Daddy =)

So I just wanted to take the time to write about talking to God. Throughout this week I realized that I was starting to become religious (dun, dun, dunnnnnnn!!!! *insert terror scream*) For those who don't know what I mean by that...I mean religious in the sense of worshiping tradition and getting stuck in the what and not the who. So through my reading of Pink Lips and Empty Hearts (yep, another plug, this book is just too good lol) God revealed this to me:

So many people look at God as he CEO of the world. Like we must be proper and prim and completely prepared to speak with him. Like we must be brief because he's a busy man and he has lots of other things to do......NO!! NO! NO! NO!!!

God desires a RELATIONSHIP with you! A true relationship with you! You wouldn't go talking to your friend or significant other like that so why do you go to God as this facade of who you want him to see you as? He already knows your dirt, no need to try to cover it up with pretty words lol

We need to talk to God as ourselves about our lives! I used to find this weird until I actually tried it. When I wake up, instead of getting down on my knees and saying "Oh most holy God, alpha and omega, beginning and the end, first and the last, God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, thank you."
I don't talk like that...ever, so why would I when I come to God?
I say "Good morning daddy, thank you for waking me up this morning!" and then go into my prayer time.

You see, when you talk to him as if he is more real than your friends around you (which he is), then it become so much easier to truly be in a relationship with him! The bible tells us that God desires constant communication with us and speaks to us daily if we just take the time to listen. So we should go throughout our day just talking with God! When you are facing a decision throughout the day and you don't know what to do, instead of asking your carnal friends say "Daddy, should I choose paper or plastic?" Now clearly, that's a little trivial, but you get my point! You may not always get the answer right away or hear his voice, but it will put you in communication with the MOST HIGH GOD! - I mean WOW!!! How cool is that?!?!

Personally, I love this! Me and God talk like homies!! How much better can it get? Being able to talk to the guy who has all the answers!!! And yes, sometimes he gets frustrated with me and sometimes I get frustrated with him but just knowing that he is there and I can take any and everything to him whenever I want to is such a beautiful thing!!! He always has my best interest in mind. He's the best friend I have and truly my daddy =)

Make him yours too today! Look to the sky and say "Hey Daddy =)"

4 comments:

  1. This is so true because GOD is always around us and we need to be real and not have a different persona when talking directly to him! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and for the positive feedback!!! I really appreciate it! =)

      Delete
  2. Wow Trecey! This makes perfect sense and you've given me food for thought. It does seem weird like you said but it's true. This post was for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, amen!! I'm so glad my obedience blessed you!!!

      Delete